- See, at it’s base, the song Blurred Lines is essentially, about rape, the “blurred lines” being the line between “No, I don’t want to have sex with you” and “Yes, I want to have sex with you.” The blurred lines means oh you don’t mean to say no, you mean to say yes.
- Thicke has openly stated that he “loves to degrade women”
- "OK now he was close, tried to domesticate you
But you’re an animal, baby, it’s in your nature
Just let me liberate you”
- here he’s referring to a woman as a wild animal, therefore dehumanizing her. Oh and that she should let him “free” her.
- Because nearly every goddamn lyric is something rapists have repeatedly used on their victims
- In this shot we see the girl full frontal with her breasts exposed, totally bare and vulnerable and nude, whereas he is in a full suit, an outfit most commonly associated with power. He’s in charge here.
- just this
- not once in the whole fucking video do the models look like they’re enjoying themselves. They have a dead eyed look and are constantly posing. Tyra’d give them the bottom two for that.
- So hit me up when you passing through
I’ll give you something big enough to tear your ass in two
- I had actually never stomached the entire song until writing this and watched it through for the first time and literally gagged.
- This. He follows the women around during the video. If a guy followed you on the street or in a club, what would you think? A person’s first response would be to leg it out of there or search for the nearest possible weapon.
- Plus Robin Thicke is a fuckin creep. Seriously, he’s is like that guy on the bus who always wears parkas even in summer and keeps asking what you had for breakfast.
- Also Pharrell and TI how dare you trick this poor deluded white guy into thinking he’s cool/hip.
- Also fuck off with the hashtags we get it, it’s a 36 year old dude trying to be modern
This isn’t as clever or concise as most wonderful metas on that fucking video. But they’re out there.
Meanwhile, watch Mod Carousel’s version, I guarantee it’s a million miles better.